Back from Vienna and back to bidness blog-wise. I have neglected this poor thing for the last few weeks due to the new pad but I have organised my things and am (hopefully) back on track to posting regularly.
My wish list this month consists mostly of pencil skirts. I saw a feature in InStyle and am now obsessed with the idea of pretty pencil skirts with cropped white tees. I have a wedding or two to attend this Summer and think this is perfect guest attire. The higher waist on the pencil skirt means that midriff is kept to a minimum. Anyhoo, here's what's on the list:
1. Bag, £795, Anya Hindmarch I have huge love for Anya Hindmarch bags I just wish that they were a bit cheaper. The colour of this ladylike number is really pretty; it reminds me of Parma Violets - my favourite soap-flavoured treat.
2. Zebra Dress, £400, Thakoon Addition Jungle fever is upon us with designers like Kenzo setting the standard for the fun theme. This dress is great because the pastel orange keeps it fresh yet understated.
3. Sunglasses, £10, Aldo I have seen pretty much these exact glasses in Urban Outfitters for twice the price so these are a bargain. Saying this I already have the tools for a DIY pair so watch this space for a tutorial soon.
4. Perspex Heels, £80, Aldo White shoes have lost a bit of their slapper stigma and have started to make an appearance in the mags again. I think their reputation only adds to their appeal (kind of makes them retro chic, no?) so cannot wait to get my hands on a pair. The perspex heel on this Aldo pair makes them bang on trend.
5. Earrings, £740, Percossi Papi OK so I will never own these earrings but a girl can dream. They are fun and beautiful and I would really like them but know that I would not wear them enough to justify the hefty price tag.
6. Sunglasses, £42, Le Specs Alabama Worley is one of my style heroes and I have been looking for a pair of her sunglasses forever. Carrera do a pair that are close but they are a bit pricey. These Le Specs ones are not all that close but they are still cute and I love the pinkish colour of the lens.
7. Studded Collar, £7.99, New Look Easiest way to spruce up your look - add a collar.
8. Yellow Pencil Skirt, £35, ASOS Love the colour of this skirt. The shape is interesting but I don't actually think it would flatter my figure all that much. Still, with a pair of heels I'm sure I could make it work.
9. Floral Skirt, £303, Alberta Ferretti I love this skirt but the price tag means that it shan't be gracing my wardrobe with its presence any time soon. I would love to find a similar one on the high street as it is perfect for the wedding outfit I have in mind.
10. Leopard Print Skirt, £163, Just Cavalli Love, love, LOVE this skirt. It's outrageous and perfect for Summer night drinks. If only I worked in an office where this was acceptable attire.
So there you have my little lust list for May. Please let me know if you find some Alabama True Romance sunglasses. If you aren't sure what they look like you can see them here.
What are you wishing for in May?