As a rule of thumb, I don't tend to go in for Valentine's day. I prefer my anniversary, it's more personal. The boyf and I have a good thing going. We have been together for nearly ten years - gulp - and, despite outward appearances (no PDAs thank you), are very much loved up. I don't really feel the need for a day of giving shit presents that don't really reflect our love for one another. However, the more I have looked at Valentine's gifts the more I am thinking I should get in on this action. Here's my top five for this masterful money-making love-fest...
1. Rose Gold Lips Necklace by Kismet, £385 I love this necklace. The ultimate way to say 'let's do kisses'. You could wear this all year round too - it's not just a gimmicky Valentine's thing.
2. Heart Head Phones by Marc by Marc Jacobs, £35 Do not ask me what my obsession is with Marc by Marc accessories at the moment. I do not know. It has gotten a little out of control. These earphones are so cute though, how could you resist?
3. Intense Nail Lacquer in Honey 104 by Dolce & Gabbana, £18.50 As it's Valentine's I may as well ask for a nail polish that is ridiculously expensive. The colour is a kind of dusky pinky mauve which is perfect for saying 'I love you and your out of control nail polish collecting'.
4. I Love You Loose Pocket by Anya Hindmarch, £135 Haven't found the perfect way to say those three little words? Well I'm not sure that this purse is the best way but it's bound to put a smile on your fair lady's face. Peachy!
5. 'You're My Cup Of Tea' spoon by The Cutlery Commission, £13 One for the tea (or coffee) lover in your life. The Cutlery Commission have the cutest sayings on their pieces and they are all individual which makes them extra special.
So there you have it. For someone who doesn't rate Valentine's day I have a surprising amount of things I want for it. To all those in love this Valentine's - have a happy love fest. For all those not in love - I used to LOVE being single, enjoy yourself and do whatever the hell you want. xxx